Canon 3220 copier color problems

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Wren, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Wren

Wren New Member

I have a canon 3220 color printer, The color keeps changing even after I redo the calibration and gradation. I have had the repair guys out various times and no one can seem to fix the problem. For the first 2 1/2 years I have had this printer as soon as I calibrated and did the gradation the color went back to the original colors. Starting 4 months ago it kept changing I can no longer color match. They have put in new drums, new rollers and various other new parts. When the repair guys get it to work the color is only for short term.:(:( The printer drivers have been reloaded as well as Quark Xpress. I have a mac running with system 10.4.11. Does anyone have any suggestions, I am going crazy. The color that is the worst is the blues.
    Thanks
    Wren

2. tmbusby

tmbusby Member

Did you buy or lease??? Do you have a high volume on your copier? I have not had problems with color yet but other problems that repairs can't seem to fix. I get alot of "You've run alot & it may be time to trade" That is service talking.

Did they also replace the fuser. and are you saying that your color changes as you are running a job or it can't get right on the proof for the job. If color is changing during the job - - That leads to the machine itself & not driver or software. I don't run mac or quark but I have also heard of people having problems with color running a mac with Indesign cs3 when they changed over.
    Software wise I am afraid I would not be much help. Would love to have a mac personly but just can't afford it right now.

3. Wren

Wren New Member

Yes I have had many new fusers, I have only printed 100,000 which I believe is low for this machine. The color changes right from the start of the job. When I am trying to match colors from before I recalibrate and do the gradation before I start the job. In the past the colors always matched perfect by doing this. Thanks for your suggestions. I own the machine but pay per click for service.

4. tmbusby

tmbusby Member

Is it on all types of stock? Do you have only 1 print driver you use?

Sometimes when we run High coverage of color on like a Heavy 1 or heavy 2. The machine goes crazy after the first 5 pages and starts rainbowing for lack of better term. We have done many things to correct but when service gets there, its back to normal. I don't think we've done the same thing twice to correct the issue so we really don't know what the cause is.. I just hope it does not happen the next 2 weeks.

Sorry can't be of much help. - -

**** I would push who you bought from & document every service call . . If it continues, throw the term out "lemon law" even if there may not be one for the case - - It helps as last resort. Documentation is big & get names of who you talk too. I hope not but it could be a bad machine especially if service can't correct issues & they service alot of other machines

5. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

The only time we have color shift issues is when drums get over 175% yeild as noted in service mode, copier, misc. (betwee 100 and 150 on the color drums we start to lack some subtelty, but no color shift issues. Around 180% to 200% we have to watch carefully for drums dropping out or doing weird things during the run or with the autocalibration and leaving dramatic color shifts during a run.