calibration

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by happyhammer1, Jul 30, 2012.

1. happyhammer1

happyhammer1 Member

hi igen fans
    when i calibrate in the morning first thing i incounter problems trying to start the the calibrating device following,,measure,,begin,, then nothing?? ive tried shutdown,restart the freeflow,the only way after several atempts is by pulling the plug on the calibrateing device and plug back in once freeflow back up? is this some sort of electro static problem ive got ?please advise this is one for MARK i think
    rgrds
    terry

2. gavywill

gavywill Senior Member

Have you tried cleaning the sensor it's self before calibrating also if you know it fails why not open 10a up which has the calibrating unit on it i think and close it then try calibrating it

3. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

It's an iGen3 as far as I remember so hasn't got an ILS and I can't recall if yours has got an ACQS installed.

It is a common problem with Freeflow to lose comms on the USB (Solaris issue) - switching to the other usb port sometimes helps. You could try the following to see if it helps

Perform the following procedure to reset the X-Rite DTP 20 Spectrophotometer;

Disconnect the X-Rite DTP 20 Spectrophotometer device from the FreeFlow Print Server and its power adapter (if applicable).
    Slide the power switch at the back of the device to the on (right) position and hold.
    Press and release the round Operation button while holding the power switch and then release the power switch. The indictor light in the Operation button will turn solid green, indicating the device is reset. The device is now ready for measurements.

Power Off the FreeFlow Print Server and unplug the AC power cord to the FFPS. Wait a full 2 minutes before reconnecting the AC power cord and powering on the FFPS. When the system fully boots, calibrate the FFPS.

--
    Mark

4. happyhammer1

happyhammer1 Member

hi mark
    yesit is a igen3 ,the spectrophotometer is a model no dtp41b if thats anyhelp

5. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

6. happyhammer1

happyhammer1 Member

hi mark
    would you know the part no for i1iSis with obc the repalacement device dtp41
    terry