C3220 vertical defect

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Hyksos, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Hyksos

Hyksos New Member

Our C3220 have strange vertical line, it affect all colors and is from top to bottom of the sheet, not always at the same position, it can move about 1 inch left or right, but it's always on the right side of the sheet and it don't show on every print (About once every 5 copy)

My first reflex was to check the ITB unit, I disassembled it and everything was perfect, not dirty at all, the drive roller was not dirty either, the Secondary transfer internal roller was a little bit more dirty but not enough to explain the problem.

I cleaned everything and the problem is still there.

Here is pictures of the problem, it really look like a roller speed synchronization problem or something like that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the help.

2. discountprintingservice

discountprintingservice Senior Member

check your ITB cleaning blade...if it is worn and is not removing all the toner as the ITB cycles it will leave streaking of toner which will be picked up on the next sheet out...can be inconsistent too...it is held in by 1 screw right about the waste toner container, remove screw and it slides right out, costs around $25 I believe for a new one...