Buying a digital duplicator have question please

Discussion in 'Digital Duplicators' started by stickycreationz, Mar 24, 2013.

1. stickycreationz

stickycreationz Senior Member

I want to buy a riso duplicator 600dpi and print cartoon charactors on a gloss paper will this be ok good? I will run a few passes to get my colors
    Thank you

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

I'm not sure how far your sheet to sheet registration will be off - it will give you a different look that might be interestingly different / retro.
    How long are your runs?

3. stickycreationz

Thank you so much for the reply. My runs will be about 2000 at a time. What do you mean they might look different? As for color offsets yes there could be a bit of an offset however is it adjustabe so as i can hit registration marks right on? They build them to change out drums for colors so i would think it would be adjustable so registration marks lay on top of each other correctly? Thank you for input!

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

quality is relative - so is registration
    you may get it right on the shet , but every sheet in another location
    The real issue in my opinion is getting the ink dry - the kind of ink used is not good for Glossy stock and you will have an issue with that
    for 2000 pc jobs , i would go for a low cost press and not a duplicator

Meny

Afro254 likes this.
  5. stickycreationz

Ok interesting. Is there a low cost press that is not hard to run that i can learn? I ran a press once yrs back for a couple jobs a hamada 600 series think it was and man what a hard time that thing was!! I hated it very finiky i got a bad tast in myself after that. How aboit making plates? Ones i can print from computer?

6. Meny

Meny Senior Member

Any basic old press will deliver better quality

any old press will do better then a duplicator , and for sure a paper based plate duplicator.
    If you learn the trade and do it right , it is rather simple to get reasonable quality.
    It will be harder to get good quality from a Riso duplicator if at all.

Plates ?
    lot's of low cost options
    just remember , the lower you go the less you get for the $$$ invested

Good luck

7. stickycreationz

offset printing

if I may pick your brain a small bit as far as paper plates can this be done on a regular printer such as inkjet or laser? or a special printer if so what would be a name as I cannot google any. I have some big samsung 620ND lasers. I am looking at this press on link you think I can learn to run it? I am highly mechanical rebuild engines and such. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/bfs/3647782325.html Thank you and thank you

8. plotter

plotter Senior Member

risograph ink needs to soak into the paper, so will work ok ish on normal bond but will just sit on top of gloss and not dry...

Afro254 likes this.