Bid Engage and disengage problems

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by Pesa, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Pesa

Pesa New Member

For some time now, our machine a WS4050, while printing orange, displays a message saying that the "bid stayed in home position while requested to engage"

Visually, I see that for some reason the bid sits still.

I try to engage it manually through the software, but only after a while does it move.

Swapped the following items:

- Disc Sensor
    - Stepper motor
    - disc

When we turn on the machine, for about 10 minutes, everything works perfectly. The bid engages/disengages 100% while machine is printing or even manually through the bid diagnostics windows-.

After 10 minutes, chaos arrives...and sometimes the bid will engage, sometimes it won´t

Any ideas?

2. Indigofan

Indigofan New Member

Hi Pesa,

We had same problem to you, and the solution was cleaning the connectors (male and female) of Disc sensor.

Hope to help you!

3. Pesa

Pesa New Member

Hi Indigofan,

Thanks for the reply.

I´ve just found out it´s doing the same thing on White and Violet.

Basically they are all connected to the same ISDV board.

Same symptom...it works fine for about 10 minutes and afterwards all 3 bids either engage and don´t engage, when they should, or other way around. I was hoping I would find a broken wire, lack of earth...but no luck

4. jasy_23

jasy_23 New Member

Hi Pesa, Check the preassure of the BID Unit. Decrease the preassure of the affected Bid..... ;)

5. Pesa

Pesa New Member

Thanks guys,

but as I said, the problem occurs on Orange, Violet and White.

So it can´t be a problem with bid pressure.

I´ve noticed that the if I engage one of these bids and leave it still for 10 minutes (engaged), the bid diagnostics screen of the bid will variate from engage to disengage continuosly as If I were engaging or desanging the bid...when it is completely still

6. rolermanto

rolermanto Senior Member

It's the isdv card that faul. Check the fan of it cabinet, because the board will go to safety if temperature is too high.
    Bye
    Luk

7. Pesa

Pesa New Member

Thanks RolerManto,

Before your post, I was actually cleaning all of the interior fans and noticed that the ones referenced by you, were pretty dirty.

The truth is that, after cleaning the fan next to the ISDV cards and the fan that pulls air in to the ECN and POP, I noticed instantly that the temperatures measured there, decreased about 6ºC

On the other hand, for the last weeks, since spring arrived, as the temperature in the room rises > 20ºC the machine stops constantly and displays a message because of a conection error between the ecn and sdv.

After cleaning the fans, the error never again returned..:)

Now I only have to try and test printing with orange...hoping that the problem will definetely disappear...

Cross your fingers.

8. rolermanto

rolermanto Senior Member

good notice!!

Happy to help you
    Luk

9. abdoul rhamane

abdoul rhamane New Member

[QUOTE = "rolermanto, post: 46219, membre: 8254"] bonne note !!

Heureux de vous aider
    Luk [/ QUOTE]
    bonjour j ai le meme probleme avec le cyan toujour pa resolut c est une hp indigo 5000

10. rolermanto

rolermanto Senior Member

Hi,
    try to swap Bid Board with another color and check if defect move with board or remain in same color.
    If move you need to change the Bid Board
    If stay in same color you need to check electronic of engage/disengage, belt and all is around the mechanic
    5000 havent isdn so I think depend from board...
    Let me know
    Bye
    Luk