Baldwin Prepac Washcloths

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Dunka, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Dunka

Dunka New Member

I,m running a new Komori Lithrone S540 with KHS-AI. The press is running very well and we are extremely happy with it. The only problem I have is that I have to use Baldwin Prepac Washcloths which come predamped. As there is only one Baldwin agent Who supplies this particular product in Ireland I am forced to deal with them and pay a high premium for each roll. Does anyone know of any suppliers in the Uk Which I could bulk buy of, or an alternative product which I could use. This recession is hitting us hard here in Ireland so every cost saving helps.

2. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

I agree Dunka - washcloth has gone up significantly since the Euro v Pound rates altered.

We use bulk jumbo rolls for our Lithrone 626 which last us about 12 weeks circa 195.00gbp. Clearly your L40 will be dearer.

They're not predamped though and you'll need a rewind unit to dispense the cloth. See attached pic.

We get ours from Vision Inks tel 0115 9723141 but you could try Litho Supplies or Ultrachem as they may ship to you.

Good luck!

Attached Files:

3. Print Consultant

Print Consultant Member

Yes there is an alternative, Contact BFS Pressroom Solutions on 01189 305999.

4. edwinb

edwinb Member

try image2output for supply of dry, jumbo rolls and presoaked washclothes at very discounted pricing - especially for 'euroland' clients as the pound is in freefall and they deliver individual boxes - ask for a sample?
    Edwin

5. edwinb

edwinb Member

Did you compare the image2output washcloth rolls pricing?

6. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

That's a good price - is it sourced in Europe?

Please don't tell me it's from China!!! :D

7. Kev mchale

Kev mchale Member

Hi Dunka,
    what are the settings on your PQC for the blanket washers, are you aware you can change the amount of cloth used in there??
    I think I saw your press at Drupa, very impressive khs AI demo,
    I was running the LSX 29 with cold foil
    Kev.

8. Siebert

Siebert Member

Siebert, Inc in the states sells their own presoaked cleaning cloth rolls which uses the DuPont Sontara fabric but their own patented cleaning solution.

9. Kaoticor

Kaoticor Senior Member

Wanna know something funny... I found another printer the other day who actually rewinds the cloth and uses the backside. Ghetto!!! But hey, operating costs as they are nowadays I cant say im not surprised... :eek:

10. George_B

George_B New Member

Blanket Rolls

Have you tried Prisco. I believe they have a branch in the UK