Anybody on a Mac have a 550/560 printer?! I need your help!

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by xtremevette@hotmail.com, May 17, 2012.

1. xtremevette@hotmail.com

xtremevette@hotmail.com Member

How are you guys printing 12x18 247gsm card stock to the bypass tray? It has been a solid week now and Iam still not happy with how xerox left us.

They have been having me go through about 10 drop down menus in order to get a printout.

All I want is to be able to print 12x18 out of Adobe Illustrator to the bypass tray and have it recognize it. The printer is fighting it cause it is basically interpretting Illustrator saying your printing 12x18 paper to the bypass tray please load 12x18 paper in the tray. It should not be getting that specific, I just want it to know 12x18 is 247gsm card stock by default and therefore any 12x18 job is to be printed to the bypass tray.

2. xtremevette@hotmail.com

xtremevette@hotmail.com Member

nobody has this printer?????????

3. nhmartin52

nhmartin52 Member

Not sure about Xerox's. Have you tried changing the paper type from the control panel on the printer? Sometimes errors can occur if they do not match up.
    I work with NovaCopy. We are the 5th largest Konica Minolta dealer in the country, and are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee. We also have offices in Memphis, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Jackson. Additionally, we have an office in Dallas, TX. If you would be interested in demoing a Konica Minolta copier for a couple weeks, I would be glad to set that up for you. Feel free to contact me at Nicholas.Martin@NovaCopy.com.

4. abbeeT

abbeeT New Member

How do you like the 550/560? We're considering this and will be running mostly heavier 12x18 stock. Has this now been working for you?

5. printshopof1

printshopof1 Member

I know your original posting was in May, but I hope this helps. I don't have the model you have, mine is a DC 250. But I've experienced the same problem. I usually print to the hold que. Then set the paper parameters from there. Not sure which model rip you have, so this may be an issue. I've also just started using CWS 5 on my Mac and it works great. You can do the same from that app if it works in your set-up.

6. hmmohsin

hmmohsin New Member

xerox DC550 We have face below problems
    Need Help xerox DC550
    Dear all

We would like to inform you that our machine xerox DC550 is no working since we received. We have face below problems.

1. Pantone color not a match
    2. 5% to 100% of the screen is not correct
    3. Front & back printing out

Please Need Help

Regard
    Mohsin

7. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

So your 550 works fine printing from a PC but not from a mac Mohsin?

On #1 color calibration must be different between your macs and your pcs.

On #3, it sounds like your pcs may have image shift enabled and set and the mac may not have the same image shift set for front and back for the print driver.