alco smart Azr

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by muhammad anwar, Jun 19, 2020.

1. muhammad anwar

muhammad anwar New Member

we have Alco smart AZR can II. it have been tripped an alarm 03 and 04 IPA redundancy. i have checked all parameters and also clean all pipes, filters, etc but no improvement. sometime it is running 2 to 3 hrs normally but stop on these alarms any time. I observed it is not sucked alcohol from container but its solenoid valve operated well. please any one help me about these faults and how to eliminate them.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

1) safety device has tripped due to an excessive alcohol concentration level.

2) Float in float housing dirty.: Clean very well

3) Float housing leaky.: Repair or sealed

4)Outlet blocked.: Clean

5) Dampening solution supply too low: Increase

6) Dampening solution supply interrupted: re- establish

7)Dampening solution connector not properly connected: re- establish supply

8)Supply pressure too low.: Increase dampening solution supply

9) Level sensor dirty or defective: Clean or Replace

Blessing

3. muhammad anwar

dear sir chock
    already i have checked all these points but no improvement found. clean all sensors float and float housing. dampening pipe connector also remove and directed it. supply pressure found good about 2 bar plus. level sensor also working normally.
    one thing observed that its alcohol solenoid valve not sucked the alcohol properly. solenoid valve operated but its suction power not powerful.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Replaces by long cycle of work :

1) sensor( can be faulty) you did clean, but must be defective.

2) solenoid( the shaft and winding can be defective)

Blessing

5. muhammad anwar

which sensor? level or temperature sensor?
    today i have service and clean the solenoid valve assembly plunger, spring etc. Not observe any rust or problem in that assembly

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

I believe that you do not have skill in Electronic/electrical background.

1) you must test the sensors level+temperar: a) power supply to the sensor, since if you do not have 1) power s is problem 2) or the power supply is out of tolerance is problem , in Short test both and see, if there are o.k if the power supply is o.k , I strong recommend you to Replace , to due the Heavy duty cicle of work!!

2) the same thing with the solenoid valve, you can NOT measure with ANY instrument the winding inside the must RE-heating, and by that reason is erratic function. I can strong recommend you to replace, to due the Heavy duty cicle of work!!

3) otherwise, you are wasting: 1) time 2) money

Good luck

Blessing

7. owen chaleka

owen chaleka New Member

Good day boss
    I've a problem with my alcosmart unit which is not sucking from alcohol vessel . Even if you remove connecting hose from alcohol and feel suction from inlet to alcosmart unit there's nothing . My unit is currently set on mode zero and only the two power cables are connected on the 15 pin socket connected at the rear of the unit . I have also tried using on mode 2 but still there is no suction . Kindly assist

8. owen chaleka

owen chaleka New Member

I have also currently put the preset value @ 10% and the actual value is by far lower than 10% though more than 2 % the # signal at next to the actual value comes on to confirm activation of alcohol suction but still there is no suction . Please assist

9. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

Hi, do you hear a click when the valve opens? If you do valve is good, if you dont its probably stuck, sometimes it possible the person who worked on it installed it the other way around.

Pull out the slim longer pipe from the bottom along with the venturi assembly, make sure nothing is stuck give it a good clean.

Before all of that, the quick coupling at the end of the black alcohol suction tube can also go bad, take it out, use a circlip to attach the pipe directly to the alcosmart.

10. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Hi sir

Replace the membrane The white flat filter and the stuach seal

Let me know

11. owen chaleka

owen chaleka New Member

Hie sir
    I'm actually not getting the Vdc 24 output to the valve coil from that control card , The other thing is from the 15 pin plug connected to the alcosmart unit socket, a 5 core cable is connected thus yellow - pin 5 (-ve) ,brown - pin 6 (not connected on the other end),Grey - pin 10 (not connected on the other end), green - pin 12 (+ve) then white - pin 13 . Please kindly share a proper cable connection because from what i have explained this unit is only connected to 24vdc and the rest of the cables are not connected . May you assist

12. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Have you Schematic Wiring diagrams electrical Sir??

Since, that is the way to tracking the +24Vdc, where is missing, and see if the Fuse or circuit breaker, is open, or some connector or wires is loses or broken, or dirty or corrode !

Look for this.

If you do not Have, send me the ID plate of Technotran Model

13. Waqas_zahid

How do you know you are not getting the voltage on the valve, where are you testing this on the bench by yourself? Is it an alcosmart azr can? I believe so because you are taking about 15 pin connector.

14. Waqas_zahid

Azr can works in mode 3, the 24v for the valve comes through that 15 pin connector, its just a jumper from within the connector from the 24v line.