Advice needed for margin problems -Xerox Phaser 7760

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by cmc16, Apr 8, 2009.

1. cmc16

cmc16 New Member

We are using a new Xerox phaser 7760. Not had it long and I am currently getting to grips with setting up current documents to print.

Having problems booklet printing any documents in microsoft office- word and publisher.

Printing pages as single sheets is fine but as soon as i select the booklet layout option then i get a bigger border which i can not reduce.

I've obviously missed something somewhere but have had no luck finding the options to change this margin/border problem that i have.

Any advice appreciated.

2. short run digital

short run digital Member

You could try increasing or reducing the size percentage in the driver.

The 7760 works best as a postscript device and although it will print from microsoft programs it will always adjust the overall print area when using the booklet and n up functions. This is more to do with the files been sent rather than the printer itself.

There are pcl drivers which should work better for ms programs than the ps drivers.

3. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

You could always print to PDF and then print the PDF to the phaser.

4. cmc16

cmc16 New Member

Just realised i didnt reply and say thanks for your suggestions.

We tried the pcl driver but then just encounter other problems, it then wouldn't duplex.

We have resolved it now though by installing a different printer driver. :)