Adjustment of the Z roller

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by aqazi81, Jan 17, 2012.

1. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

I am having trouble with the intermediate roller in 6th printing unit. The roller has no contact with the 1st ink form roller on DS. I have tried everything but its not working,
    Anybody tell me whats the proper way of adjusting the z roller?

2. spike

spike Senior Member

aqazi remove water meter and steel roller loosen locknuts on z roller loosen setting put 2 strips of paper 60#

on each side under z rollermake sure plate is not in gap drop water and ink rollers on plate/ tighten screws until

you have alight drag on the paper even on both sides of water form take water form off/. check that you have

even drag on first ink form both sides/ lock screws ink press with yellow or white 2mm stripe to ink and water forms

3. Hawker

Hawker Member

Aqazi81, if you can't get a setting on One side of the press, there is a good chance that your adjusting nut on that side is broken. These nuts have broken on my speedmaster cd quite a few times, due to the nut not being suitable to do the job.

4. Tahir khan

Tahir khan Member

z roller setting

Check the size of ink form roller , if it is down z roller can not be set properly & as u know it is almost auto set on the base of springs .you may check the tension of your spring ?

5. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Thanx guys for your response... I had a bit of luck today, readjusted the spring loaded rod and problem is gone.

6. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

very common that the hangers for the z roller get worn into an oval shape and need replacing.