Adjusting Water Rollers

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by AB8820, Jul 11, 2008.

1. AB8820

AB8820 New Member

Hey, I just bought a AB Dick 8820 with a super aquamatic water system. The press has sat for a year and a half and I was trying to run my first job on it the other night and had to run it at full water and still had slight toning problems. Is there any adjustments that can be made to the chrome roller itself so I can lower my water adjustment back down but still have enough water. Thanks for any replys.

2. dclgraphics

dclgraphics Member

What's your mixture on fountain solution?

on the AB8820 we have we use 3.oz of pro3 universal fountain solution plus 2.oz of isopropyl alcohol and the rest with water in a 32.oz bottle.

Need to clean your chrome roller with offset chrome cylinder cleaner or with some plate cleaner and then with alcohol.

David C. Lopez
    847-840-1038

3. AB8820

AB8820 New Member

Thanks for the help, I didin't have the solution you use but I mixed what I had with the ratio you gave and got my water down to half of what it was. Thanks again.

4. dclgraphics

dclgraphics Member

Half is about right, Pro 3 Universal Fountain Solution USA Manufactured is Printer Research Company
    1 (800) 444-6739.

David C. Lopez