AB Dick 9910 2 fold issue

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Bart Orkline, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Bart Orkline

Bart Orkline New Member

I need advise on 2 problems I am having with the press. About 6 5/8 inches down the page/envelope I am getting a deep roller smudge, and at the same time the image in that area is not holding the image when printed on same?? any advise I can get on this would be greatly appreciated and am also looking for a handbook on this press as we bought it used and there was not one given to us. Thanks

2. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Smudge? do you mean a tone line across the sheet? If yes this normally points to the upper form roller with that issue close to the lead edge. Either too much pressure, 180 out, or end play. Can't remember if the 9910 has the same diameter form rollers. Some presses use a larger diameter form on the bottom and they can get swapped by accident causing problems. What ply blanket are you using? How is the press otherwise? Is it a new machine? How did it run before and what was done since? More info can help. Mark Andy (Presstek) should have a operators manual. PDF or hardcopy. Printers Parts may have one as well. Hopefully you get more answers here it's not a press I've run for a long time.

3. Bart Orkline

Bart Orkline New Member

Thank you so very much I appreciate your help!!!