1-bit tiff files to DI Pro

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by TMP Image Printing, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TMP Image Printing

TMP Image Printing New Member

Hi, new to the forums here, very informative. Wondering if anyone can help us. We have a 2001 QM-DI Pro that is driven by a Delta 7.5 rip. We do not have trapping on the delta. We also have a Compose Express Harliquin Rip that drives an agfa imagesetter, this rip has ITrap from Lucid Dream. Is getting a 1-bit tiff plugin and sending the 1-bit tiff trapped files from the Harliquin a option? Also the plugin from Lucid Dream allows you to use a hybread screen. Will this work? Will the ink key settings be sent over with the file? Any other ideas getting trapped files to the DI? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks

2. ahendriks

ahendriks Member

Hello, I am running a DI pro from 2004 and I'm using Prinect meta dimension.
    This is absolut perfect from prepress to print.
    Ask heidelberg to give you a hand, you will save time with make readys and set up.
    Look on prepressforums.com for more info.
    good luck, André Hendriks

3. 4cpro

4cpro Member

You may want to pay for Heidelberg phone support. It costrs us about $375 dollars a year for unlimited support. Well worth it.

We are running an 04 with the Meta as well.

4. TMP Image Printing

TMP Image Printing New Member

We would love to go to meta, but heidelberg wants 30k to do it. I just really want to get our existing harlequin rip to drive our DI, does anyone know how I can do this?

5. alvarorb

alvarorb New Member

TMP,

I'm new to this forum too. Just sign up today.
    We have a plugin for DI Presses at a competitive price that works with our Express RIP.
    Call me at (916) 920-3838 and we can talk about it.

Regards

Alvaro

6. ASSAMEX DI

ASSAMEX DI Member

We can offer you the plug-in to use your Harlequin RIP with the DI, without the plug in you wont be able to send the ink key information to the QMDI (thats actually what the plug-in does / generates the files for the ink key settings). If you are still interested email me to info@alexias.com.mx

7. Prepressing

Prepressing Member

As long as the Delta RIP can accept a TIFF which I believe it can then you can use the Harlequin RIP with the TrapPro plugin to output a pretrapped and prescreened TIFF file. Check out

http://rti-rips.com/

You have to make sure that you disable any screening within the Delta RIP to avoid having the file screened twice.

8. Primadonna

Primadonna Member

I have the full Rampage workflow with the 1-bit Tiff option and I send the same quality file to the DI as I do to our 40" presses. You cannot tell the difference which press printed the job plus you get away from that aweful Harliquin screening and use Rampage's screening.

We will do short run reprints on the DI and use press sheets from the 40's as the proof - again you cant tell which press printed the job, its that accurate.

With the 1-bit Tiff I am using the "QMDI RiP" ONLY as an interface between Rampage and the DI. The DI's RiP does not do anything except pass the files through it. Heidelberg said it could not be done, I beg to differ.

Oh I am running a DI Classic with an Alphastation 200 Level 2 RiP - yeah primative, but not anymore!