Polar EM58 - square backguage

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by billp, Mar 15, 2024.

1. billp

billp New Member

Hi, since about 6 months ago the backguage of our Polar EM 58 hesitates for approx. 1-2 seconds before adjusting.

Occassionally the back gauge fails to adjust at all - turning the power OFF & then back ON fixes the problem temporarily. ie still hesitates but does move after 1-2 second delay).

I would appreciate any advice that may help rectify this problem (or help prevent it becoming worse).
    I do not own a user manual though I apply grease to the grease nipples every 6 months with a grease gun.

Also we recently had to relocate the guillotine again (hopefully for the last time!) and since the most recent move the backguage is no longer square to the blade.

If anyone could share instructions how to correctly align the backguage (or email me a copy of the manual) that would be very helpful.

thank you, Adrian

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    I read that you have 2 problems:

1) if the machine turn OFF, when you moves the backagauge??? or only the backgauge turn OFF???

2) for adjust the the backgauge to the blade, use a Square betweem backgauge vs Knife, and see if are parallel !!. Proceed with Common sense, the most valuable Tools, in Troubleshooting.

Let me know.

3. billp

billp New Member

Dear Mr Chock, thankyou for your reply. I have edited my original post, I hope that it is clearer now. I will post a photo of the back gauge when I'm at work tomorrow as the design is different to the large guillotines. Thankyou very much, Adrian ps Yes Sir I will always proceed with caution & commonsense, thankyou.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Ok, Sir.

Blessings

5. billp

billp New Member

Polar 58 EM Backguage photos. Thankyou for any advice to assist squaring back gauge. We purchased guillotine without User manual. I would also greatly appreciate advice to assist programming, as I have not found this information in google searches. regards Adrian

IMG_3141 2.jpeg IMG_3140 2.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi, send me email.

Blessings

billp likes this.