z3100 problem

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by benton, Jan 22, 2013.

1. benton

benton New Member

Hello,

I have 24" HP z3100 printer and am experiencing some problems this morning. I have attempted to create a paper profile using Canson Platine Rag 310gsm. The two attempts have failed. I was wondering if someone has had a similar experience, I have attached four images;

target_1.jpg - shows the target but the patches on the left of the yellow patches have not printed at all.
    print_1.jpg - shows a test print carried out after this failed attempt and areas that are black have failed to print.

At this point I carried out a full print head clean.

target_2.jpg - shows the target but the patches on the left of the yellow patches have printed partially and then failed totally.
    print_2.jpg - shows a test print carried out after this failed attempt and areas that are black have partially printed.

Does the above problem indicate
    1. That I need to clean the print heads manually?
    2. or replace the ink?

Would someone be able to confirm that it is the PK Photo Black ink cartridge that is causing this problem from what they can see on the attached images?

Kind Regards
    Ben

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    POST SCRIPT TO THIS PROBLEM

It turned out to be the PK print head that was not firing. I dipped the face (the gold bit were ink comes out) in boiling hot water (straight from the kettle) and she fired up like brand new.

Kind Regards
    Ben

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. William Allen

William Allen Member

Thanks for the postscript because that's one to remember!

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Yes - thank you for the postscript. I almost posted that I'd run another couple cleaning cycles and if not replace the printhead. Your solution is cheaper. Very good to know that the boiling water dip cleaned the clog. Thanks!