yellow halftone screens

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Milo Wilson, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

See if you guys might have an answer for this issue on an iGen 4.
    Have a machine that is printing blotchy patterns of yellow through an image that should be gray.
    I'm trying to upload a sample but having some problems.
    I have cleaned/swapped with magenta ; donor rolls, wire mods, charge screens and wires, all color boards in card cage. I have cleaned the scan lamp. The yellow will not pass CMT because of this also.
    It is not random but I can't see when I use dc 923 for yellow developer.

2. Milo Wilson

Found magenta toner on the yellow laser. Should have checked that first...LOL

3. peels

peels tree killer :)

on the glass?

you know, I cleaned that a hundred times as part of regular troubleshooting of streaks, never finding anything! so then I didn't do it for awhile.

first few times I didnt......voila! big purply blob on the magenta lens! ugh easiest things sometimes.

4. Milo Wilson

Yes it was on the laser output lens. Happened during shipping. Everything is up and running now though

5. gavywill

gavywill Senior Member

Where are these screens located? i may know what it is already just no good with names lol

6. Milo Wilson

I meant when printing lighter shades of yellow (50 % and lower) the image would be a blotchy pattern and it turned out to be magenta toner had fallen down and gotten on the yellow laser window output.