xpe-10-3127 Fuser Drive Motor Power Saturation

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by dlanna, Mar 2, 2017.

1. dlanna

dlanna New Member

I keep getting a fault on my igen4 - xpe-10-3127 Fuser Drive Motor Power Saturation - which stops the paper just short of the fuser. The machine was running fine an hour ago. Nothing has changed, same stock, etc.

I tried changing the fuser roll to see if that made a difference. Nothing.

Any suggestions? Some days it doesn't pay to be a press operator

I reinitialized the PSIP, restarted the machine, reset all the breakers …

UPDATE: For anyone who may encounter this fault code, I was checking the thermisters (however you spell this) and noticed there was a screw lodged between the external heat rolls. One of the rolls was scratched pretty good where the screw was, but once the screw was removed the printer started running again. You ever know how small a thing is going to create a problem or get overlooked until you get serious about inspecting things.

2. Newsman

Newsman Member

Experienced the same fault....tech applied the grease on the gear and the fault cleared. After a day, the XPE-1-3127 error came back.
    We had to remove the Fuser motor and the gear. Removing fuser motor is a pain but worth the effort. Faults gone.....happy days!

3. peels

peels tree killer :)

is your igen rather old? check the fuser drive gear. lol EDIT! MISSED the part where you updated :)