XL 105 circumferential registration

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Waqas_zahid, May 11, 2014.

1. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

Hello,

I am wondering if any of the mechanical experts here can give me a hint on this issue, we have an XL 105 and it's 3rd unit circumferential registration isn't moving, I thought the servo drive might have gone bad but I checked the display and didnt find any errors, after checking the servo drive physically I noticed that it's moving properly in both direction, I took out the servo drive and checked the key on the shaft, which was properly in place, in fact the spindle that pushes the plate cylinder drive gear moves in and out properly on reducing and increasing the circumferential set values from the touch screen. What can be other possible causes for this?

To summarize the circumferential motor functions but on the printed sheet itself there is no variation.

2. wunmi-50

wunmi-50 Senior Member

Hi Waqas,
    In my opimion, the other possibility is probably the gearing system of the servodrive is worn .So can you take another servodrive from a working unit and install to verify this. Secondly,the servoderive in u3 could have reached the mechanical endstop and get frozen,requiring mechanism to be freed though in this case i expect you to have error on the screen.In the previous case you may not have error displayed.
    Take a look at these while we await further inputs from the mechanical eeperts.Wunmi-50

d

3. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Greetings Waqas - if the scenario you explained in your post was done thoroughly, in the words of the Germans... "das Kann nicht passieren!". Can't happen... :) If the servo is rotating, turning the toothed gear which in turn, through putting load on/off the thrust assembly, which finally moves the main outer gear laterally....(lots of stuff going on there!!) shifts the image up/down. Simply put, watch for cylinder gear to move laterally as servo rotates.

4. Waqas_zahid

I think you are right, I might be missing something obvious here, I will look closely again, actually by the time we got to the machine the operator had already shifted the unit and wasn't using the unit under question, you can't really trust anyone except for yourself, I will look for the lateral movement of the gear. Thanks

5. Waqas_zahid

Thanks for the response wunmi-50, that was the first thing I suspected when i didnt see any errors on the screen and saw the motor reach it's set point, however that only lasted till i opened the covers on the drive side.

6. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi everybody,
    I do a very simple trick while I'm facing this problem. After the final register adjusment, disconnect the cable of circumfrential servo motor and check if the problem is existing. By this trick, you can verify the servo motor performance.

Good luck

7. Heitechpro

Heitechpro New Member

Pls send me your contact number in Pakistan