Xerox WorkCentre 7775 Scanner Fault

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by OldHoster, Sep 13, 2016.

1. OldHoster

OldHoster Member

I just bought a WorkCentre 7775 pretty much on whim. Long Story but it was an auction. Has the finisher which I am not that concerned about but when I start it up it says Scanner Fault power off and on then contact System Administrator. It sounds like a gear out of alignment or something when I try to power cycle it. It only has 320k images on it, so I would like to use it. Any ideas on how to fix? A service call would be more than I paid for the thing. I work on network and IT stuff but not printers LOL

Thanks!

2. OldHoster

OldHoster Member

Here is a bit more info. I still can't find a service manual or any more information about fixing this thing. I am just going to trash it, I bought it at a BK option for a non-profit for $50.00 I was hoping someone could help ;)

14-517-00 Scanner error. User intervention is required to Power Off/On the machine; service is required if problem persists. Scan and Copy services are disabled; Print and other machine services are unaffected.

Also this is the other Scanner Error code I have found. 310.362.00

3. adriansto

adriansto Senior Member

There is no 14-XXX fault code on WC77XX service manual.
    Are you sure it is a colour machine or it is a WC57XX machine ?

4. OldHoster

OldHoster Member

Thanks, I can't find a tech that wants to help. I hate to put this thing in the trash.

The 14-517 is on the web page.

It says WorkCentre 7775 on the front of it the web page and drivers ;)

5. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

There should be a cable that connects from the rear of the scanner to the left side of the printer near where the User Interface connects.

If you don't have one, and you're in the US, I have more than I know what to do with. Just pay shipping and its yours.

6. OldHoster

OldHoster Member

I was suspecting that may be the problem because from what I have seen it has said to unplug that and plug it back in. I am sending you a PM so that I can see if it works. I appreciate it.

7. OldHoster

OldHoster Member

InterfaceP I can't send you a PM can you send me one please. Thanks OH