Xerox workcentre 7755 issues

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by lilrob805, Jul 30, 2014.

1. lilrob805

lilrob805 New Member

I have a used xerox workcentre 7755 that has a few issues. I bought it off a wholesale dealer out of state (I'm in California and they're in Illinois). I bought it with an advanced finisher (staple, hole punch, bookletmaker). Whenever I connect the finisher (while the machine is off!) it does not communicate with the main unit. I will send a copy or print and all it says on the interface unit is waiting to print and nothing happens. I've gone back and forth with the company many times but the issue has not been resolved. At first they didn't send the bracket which connects the main unit to the finisher. Then they sent it and when I connect still having the same issue. When I leave the finisher disconnected the printer will print as normal. There is no fault, no code, other than a 124-xx-xxxx code when I access the printer from the ip address. I do not have a service agreement with xerox and I do not plan on getting one. I've talked to a few techs and they don't have any suggestions as well as the techs from the company that sold me the machine. Please help!

Also my bypass tray does not work. When i fire up the machine i can hear the gears turning but the bypass tray sounds like the gears turning are slow and like its weighed down. When i load the paper it does not recognize it or if it does the unit will say to load the paper in the tray because it says there is none in the tray, but yet I have paper loaded.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. adriansto

adriansto Senior Member

What is the value of the 763-001 nvm ?
    If you dont know how to find this send me mail at stoadis@gmail.com

3. xtrain

xtrain Previous User

Wc7755

Do you have a PWS laptop to service this machine? you need one for fixing faults and diagnostics.

4. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

Wholesale equipment if a risky endeavor for an end user. They usually don't have the resources to properly test the units and ensure that everything is compatible. If it looks like it goes together that what the ship.

Most likely the Advanced finisher is the wrong version. Check the prefix on the serial #(white label on the frame inside the door) . It needs to say PNX (Advanced) or PNB (Professional)

If that's good you will need to print an error report.

If you want to PM me I can be of further help.

5. Scorotron

Scorotron Member

If you dont mind, what wholesaler did you buy it from?

6. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

If your looking to purchase equipment http://interfaceprinters.com/