Xerox WC 7775 - problem in printing quality ???

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by dangblue, Mar 15, 2011.

1. dangblue

dangblue Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to printing, too.
    I've just had Xerox WC 7775 for a month to print business cards, postcards and invitations.

The problem is the printing quality was not what I had expected. My English is so bad that I dont know how to call this problem. The color text in printing is look like puzzle with sometime dot, sometime line,... even with enchanted mode.

The technician form Xerox did come and said that is what the print does and he can not do anything better. :(

Pls download the attachment and tell me if we can solve this problem?

Attached Files:

• Test.jpg
      Test.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  2. dangblue

dangblue Member

in addition, the black text looks ok and I print from coreldraw X3 with PS driver from Xerox website.

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

The black text is dot-free because it's solid black, just as pure cyan or pure magenta text should be dot-free. A higher end printer with better RIP will do a better job with creating the dot screens yet keeping text edges pure. The yellow dot patter in the background is likely the security feature where every print has that pattern of yellow dots.

Do you have a different option in the print driver for enhanced text which might better preserve the text edge crispness where currently it's jagged from the dot screen used to make the color?

Are you sending text to the printer as text and not rasterized/bitmap?

4. dangblue

dangblue Member

Thank you for replying,

I will search for option in print driver to get better text edges, but if anyone knows what it's called, pls tell me.

I send text to print after "convert to curve" in Corel draw X3.

If I buy a fiery RIP for my Xerox WC 7775, are you sure it will solve the problem? And what RIP should I buy? :confused: