Xerox Versant w Array Calibration Procedure and Toner issue

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by dwokz, Feb 15, 2016.

1. dwokz

dwokz Member

We have been getting some different stories on the correct procedure for calibrating our color regularly. We use to run the uniformity on the machine then we would run the full width array on a common stock then we would run the stock calibration. Now we are being told this is not the correct way but nobody has been able to give us IN WRITING what the procedure should be on a regular basis. Last was told was because the array takes reading as it runs we dont need to do any other calibrations. Im not buying what they are saying. Does anyone have documentation on the procedure for this specifically for the VERSANT 2100 with the FIERY?

Second, We have had periodically issues with toner flaking off after fused. This has happened 3 times now originally starting with just the Solid blacks (you can scratch off with your finger nail). If we run the full with array on 100# Gloss Cover we get 4 patches doing this??? JUST 4 patches out of all of them, Very odd. They have been trying to figure it out with now luck thus far. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for any feedback or suggests you may have.

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

The way it should be done is

1: Engine Check - Confirms the engine is producing what it should do ie 100/70/50/20% tints at the correct screen. If this fails it usually requires machine maintenance/DC951 etc

2: System Check - Confirms that the sent file colours are being reproduced correctly. If this fails it usually means that the stock requires calibration

Lastly a stock Calibration to calibrate the colours to the stock Lab values - ie if using a yellowish stock it will calibrate to produce a blue instead of a green caused by the stock.

The engine and system check should be performed on a known stock for accuracy

--
    Mark

3. dwokz

dwokz Member

Thanks for the input Mark. Much appreciated.
    Not sure I understand what you mean by system and engine checks. How do I run these checks. Does the full width array ever need to be calibrate (patches read in at fiery?)
    If I run the uniformity at the printer, then run the self array calibration and then do the stocks(as I get new ones), is that enough to keep the color consistent?

Thanks again.