Xerox Versant 180 Paper Tray Issue

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by Kyle Beanblossom, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Kyle Beanblossom

Kyle Beanblossom New Member

Any time the auto clear timer hits, or if a user logs out of an account, the Versant wants me to verify the paper in each tray even though the trays are dedicated (except bypass) and the trays were never opened. Here is a screenshot of the message I get:

versant.jpg

We replaced a Xerox Color C60 with the Versant, and the C60 didn't have this issue with the auto clear timer or logging out of an account, so it leads me to believe it shouldn't be doing this, but I can't figure out how to stop it. Any help would be appreciated.

The system version of the Versant is 80.51.1

2. ArthurB

ArthurB Member

This started for us after some update to the firmware.

You're lucky if that is your only problem. If it works and you can reliably get jobs out DON'T let them do anything to it other than cleaning and regular maintenance. Nothing good will come from any firmware upgrades.

Ours has a long laundry list of issues since the first day and there have been days we couldn't get jobs out at all. We have had to turn away jobs and have lost customers because we couldn't get jobs out. It's been more than a year and the bills keep coming, but there is little in the way of a fix from Xerox.