Xerox Phaser 7760, problem, or not maybe

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by messmedia, Sep 27, 2009.

1. messmedia

messmedia Member

Hi, people!

After many problems with our Phaser 7760, still not completely versed in all options, I noticed today something that I don't know if it is ok.

When I turn on my Phaser after overnite being off, it has to do a warm up and few other things, before it is ready to print, which is normal.

Now, while doing that, on my LCD, it says "Calibrating, please wait ...", - is this normal? It is there for, like 30 seconds, up to a minute, and it is cycling something inside, few times around, and then it is ok to print.

When I turn off the printer, and turn it on after a minute of rest, there is same message again, but it lasts much shorter, 1-5 seconds.

Again, If You Could Help Me, and check on Your Phaser 7760 printers if this is normal thing (I wouldn't want it to do something it shouldn't, even if it prints ok after it!)

Thanx!

2. messmedia

messmedia Member

Anybody, please?

3. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I don't have a phaser, but since no one else has jumped in yet, I'll say that in general this wouldn't cause me concern. My canons for example always do an internal calibration / gradation adjustment (where they lay down a pattern on the transfer belt and scan it) which takes around a minute. I don't have any experience with the phaser so my advice may not be worth 2 cents, but the behavior you describe doesn't sound abnormal and is probably desirable for optimal print quality.

4. o@v001

o@v001 New Member

Well that is something normal because every color printer does an internal calibration because does an ibt belt edge learn and also check the level of developer and other stuffs so is normal.

5. messmedia

messmedia Member

^ I would think that too, but it was doing it EVERY TIME I turn it on. And then (today) - it just didn't do it. So, it had like, a week of start-up calibration, and then, it got fedUp on it?? :{)

6. short run digital

short run digital Member

Its only supposed to do that after a toner change, are you using non genuine toner carts ?
    Calibration uses toner.

7. Phaser 7760

Phaser 7760 New Member

Just getting familiar with new Phaser 7760. I have spent about a day messing with it. I will check the panel next time I turn it on. I usually hit the power switch and come back later.
    Power on this morning. 1) Xerox Logo Displayed 2) Warming Up Please Wait 3) Printer Menu Displayed with "Warming up Please Wait" at top of LCD. 4) Ready to print. All this took about 59 seconds. No "Calibrating Please Wait Message".
    We have a Xerox 7000 digital press and it displays "Adjusting Color Calibration Please wait " message between jobs or if we pause a job. This happened more frequently as printer put on a higher page count. It may be because the drums are becoming worn or other print related items are reaching end of life. How many pages on your printer?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009