Xerox Phaser 7750 not printing straight

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by MattOz, Jun 23, 2009.

1. MattOz

MattOz Member

Hi there,

Our Xerox Phaser 7750 printer is printing documents slightly on an angle. We have made sure the paper is seated in the paper trays correctly and get the same result from all trays.

Just wondering if the most likely cause is the image not been put on the belt correctly or a problem with a roller?

Thanks,

2. xpquickprint

xpquickprint Senior Member

I'm not familiar with this particular printer, but unless you have a high number of prints on the printer where the transfer belt may be stretched from wear, I'd suspect a paper skewing issue. With some printers you also get a skewing from the fuser when it's deformed with wear near the end of its life, but not so much with xerox.

3. phasedout

phasedout Member

I've had same problem... not a lot to do about it...engineers will fiddle around but never really cure it... My fault was only around 1mm so never really a great problem?

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Yeah, we had a number of these printers - all the same always about 1mm scew on longer side

5. RobertABD

RobertABD Member

Hi,

Phaserâ„¢ 7750 is already obsolete. You can now upgrade your printer to Phaserâ„¢ 7800 - The graphic arts gold standard.

We also carry the following; should you have any interest please contact me.

714-255-0505 ext. 5591
    robert@abdoffice@gmail.com
    ROBERT

And if you have any need of the following as well. Feel free to let me know.

GIVE ME YOUR OFFER!
    Xerox WorkCentre 5150 Black and White MFP
    Copy, print, scan, fax, 19K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 7435 Color MFP
    Copy, print, scan, 4 trays with 122K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 7428 Color MFP
    Copy, print, scan, 4 trays with 77K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 7328 Color MFP
    Copy, print, scan, fax, 4 trays, with 94K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 7345 Color MFP
    Copy, print, scan, fax, 4 trays with 105K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 7120 Color MFP
    Copy, print, scan, fax, 4 trays with 121K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 4260XF Black and White MFP
    Copy, print, scan, fax, 54K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 4250XF Black and White MFP
    Copy, print, scan, fax, 59K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 5230 Black and White MFP
    Copy, print, scan, fax, 33K meter counts only
    Xerox WorkCentre 5135 Black and White MFP
    Copy, print, scan, fax, 76K meter counts only

We also have a large inventory and carry all parts (brand new or refurbished) of the WorkCentre 4250,4260, 7132,7232,7242,7328,7335,7345, 7428,7435,5225,5638,5655,5665, and many more. We also have a large inventory on supplies, feel free to let me know if you need anything and I will do my best to give you great deals!
    ADF KITS
    FAX KITS
    FINISHERS
    TRAYS
    DEVELOPING UNIT
    FUSER ASSEMBLY
    IBT BELT ASSEMBLY
    BOARDS
    ROLLERS
    POWER SUPPLY
    AND MANY MANY MANY MORE!

6. gtv

gtv New Member

Possible problems

All of the xerox equipment that user transfer belts and optics to 'steer' the paper will have this issue to some degree at some point, the typical cause is the friction of the paper to the transfer belts or possibly the optical sensors that 'see' the paper. You can clean the sensors to remove this last variable, and then the only recourse is to clean (or replace if worn out) the transfer belts themselves. The best option is to try other stocks and find a stock that will work better with your press. There is a procedure called iop adjustment (image on paper) that will allow you to adjust the skew of the image on the sheet, it is a long, tedious procedure and requires a great deal of precision. It is generally best left to a tech and should only be done if you have problems with almost all types of stock you run. If you are having troubles with just one or two types of stock, then it's best to use other stocks that do not have the trouble.
    You may also check the heights of all the transfer platforms as they relate to one another, and raise or lower them to correct any alignment issues you find. (Sometimes an out of alignment transfer platform may cause the paper to 'jump' a little as it enters the print engine, causing it to skew slightly, but this is more rare.)

The Print Oracle [​IMG]