1. The Color Printing Forum Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post presses, equipment, or parts they either want or have for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

XEROX Phaser 7500DN for Sale

Discussion in 'Color Laser Printers & Copiers for sale' started by OkiTech, Dec 12, 2012.

1. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi. Thanks for reading our ad. We have XEROX Phaser 7500 for sale. Really nice condition. Cyan and Yellow toner are about half full, the rest of the consumables are 100% or near. Print Count is 117,000 pages total Color and B/W. This is Xerox's new model utilizing LED writing heads instead of Laser. Printer was activated on Nov 4, 2011 which makes it to be a 1 year old but it is a current model. Price is $1850 or reasonable offer, please reply or send me your info VIA Private Message. Thank you. We can pack and ship nationwide I will need your City+Zip+ Commercial/Residential+Availability of Foklift or Loading Dock, I need this info to calculate, please don't just ask "how much to ship to Texas"
    Pictures are coming....

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Sold.
    We have Xerox Phaser 7400 DX with 60K coming soon and Phaser 7500 with only 2.5 coming in soon.
    Thank you.

3. koz

koz New Member

Recommendation?

Since you have considerable experience working with color laser printers, i.e., digital presses, can you tell me what product that you might recommend?

My own research has me leaning toward the Phaser 7800/GX. But, before I bite the bullet, I'm wondering if you could share your thoughts. Are there any other laser printers that offer equal quality, etc? What are the cons of a 7800?

Thx

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, 7800 is not bad, Xerox is known for the quality of print. The biggest flow I see is "S" like paper path, this will affect printing on heavy stocks as machine would have to bend it twice to pass trough, while OKIDATA has its own tricks, paper path is perfectly straight and capacity of by-pass is about double of Xerox's... What are you printing mostly? Text weights or Covers? In what quantities?

5. koz

koz New Member

I will be printing probably 75% lighter weight stock....with the remainder 80-100# cover stock weights.

So, the "S" paper path happens even on single sided printing? What is the most common problem of the "S" curve when using heavier stock? Paper jams? Image shift?

Does the manual feed also ending up going thru a "S" paper path?

Does Okidata quality rival Xerox? I am keen on getting really good quality.

Thx

PS. Quantities will be very low....probably 2,000 sheets/mth

6. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

As far as paper feed, it is S out of bypass and U out of trays. I have used in my printshop and sold number of phaser 7760 printers, it is a predessedor of 7500/7800 series- on 12x18 paper they all print skewed more than 1mm Out of all trays and because of all the turns cardstock has to make, it comes out bent-never lays flat which creates nightmare for bindery. In my shop, I always have phaser 7760 and Oki cx3641 next to each other. Xerox for flyers, posters etc and Oki for registered jobs- booklets, cardstocks. Plus I am not sure 7800 can duplex 12x18, 7760 can't while oki can out of all trays.

7. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

If you still like the idea of phaser 7500 or 7800 I have 7500 for sale and 2x phaser 7800 coming. Let me know if you're interested.