Xerox Phaser 7500 refill and some questions

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Proximus, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Proximus

Proximus Member

hello,
    I just bought a used Phaser 7500 about one year old, has so far only worked about 2500 pages and it comes with empty yellow toner. A printer will arrive in 4-5 days..

I found that cartridges are too expensive at my local supplier, and I'm forced to use refill toner...

cartridge condition:

106R01440 Cyan (standard capacity 9600 pages) - 40% full
    106R01441 Magenta (standrad capacity 9600 pages) - 20% full
    106R01442 Yellow (standrad capacity 9600 pages) - Empty
    106R01442 Black (High Capacity 19,800 pages) - 50% full

I was wondering if it is possible to 9.6K (106R01442) Yellow cartridge put chip with 17.8K (106R01445) and refill catridge housing with 350gr of compatible powder? the cartridge housing of standard capacity and high capacity looks same to me on pictures that i found on internet?

I found that cartridge design is similar with Lexmark C950, did Phaser 7500 used Lexmark engine design like Phaser 7400 use OKI?

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi. No you're not forced to use aftermarket- choose to. Think of (better find out) cost of replacing a Developer and cleaning all toner transport channels should aftermarket toner be not so good. I guarantee, you will loose all your savings and possibly more. Unlike OKI style printers where Developer and drum is one user replaceable imaging unit, in case something happens - throw it out, install a new one, on Phaser 7500 - you will need a service call, anything labeled "Xerox" usually cost x2 of average price so make a wise choices.
    To you and pretty much everyone reading this tread: If you need a printer, pick few that fit your needs than find out cost of supplies, find out if service for that printer is available in your area, THAT IS BEFORE YOU BUY IT! otherwise you will be in same situation as original poster: "Wow, my local supplier charges too much for the toners!" Dear friend, you should've had this information in your pocket before buying this printer. By the way, Drums have limited life as well, while you're far away from that point (they last about 30,000 pages) please think ahead this time and look in to your options (ebay may be, may be there is someone willing to ship international) while you're under emergency, also Fuser - about 100K, google "Phaser 7500 brochure" - this info should be in it on the last page.
    As far as Standard capacity VS High Capacity, if you go for refilling (good luck opening the cartridge, if you figure out how to open it - let me know please) you can fill it up full but not more than that , as far as chip, you, pretty much can use any chip as long is it is made specifically for this printer. I have a better one for you: Shop for WorkCentre 7525/7530/7545/7535/7556 toners, the CMY are the same, you'd only need to replace the chip and cut few plastic pins to make it fit in to your printer. I highly advice you to exercise every possible option to stay with OEM toner. I am a Copier/Printer Service Engineer and Print Shop owner and I don't run on Generic toner, not in Xerox printers at least.
    The printer is Xerox/Fuji, lexmark getting it from them , they did the same with Phaser 7760 based machines as well, I did, actually converted Lexmark back in to being a Xerox as I was using toners from DC242, WC 7335 in it but there are to chips for Lexmark....
    Good luck and once again - think things trough well before purchasing, especially equipment - It will need supplies, it will need service, if not now - in a future, that's for sure.... Sadly, something will give up at most inconvenient moment - Friday evening, for example... Find/Meet your future Tech sometime soon, may be he will have some alternative resources for supplies as well.

3. Proximus

Proximus Member

omg I found on german ebay.de that CMY cartridges for WC 7556 are 3-4 times cheaper. Black toner is bigger, but surly i can use CMY from WC-s.. thanks man for this information, you helped me a lot!

please tell me about this kind of toner powder, what xerox machines use this kind?

what about chips? are those from chinese suppliers works ok?

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Well, yeah, the chip is ship, something makes me think that chips in OEM cartridges are also form Chinese suppliers :)
    please tell me about this kind of toner powder, what xerox machines use this kind? >>>> Sorry, I did not understand the question....

5. Proximus

Proximus Member

well, sorry for my bad english grammar :)

what Xerox pinters use this kind of toner powder? i think xerox call it EA Toner

6. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, I just gave you a list of printers, besides that - I am not sure. EA toner was used in Phaser 7760 and I can't be sure that X kept the same formula....

7. Proximus

Proximus Member

i found those interesting informations about xerox toner types and compatibility (copy/paste from another forum):

(1) Oil-requiring pulverized toner (DC12/DC6060/DC8000)
    (2) EA toner (1632/2240/3535 + WCP32/WCP32, etc)
    (3) Oil-requiring "EA" toner (iGen)
    (4) EA-HG toner (DC250 + WC 72xx, 73xx, 76xx, 77xx + Phaser 7750, 7760)
    (5) EA-Eco toner (700, 800/1000)
    (6) Oil-requiring oddball pulverized toner (7002/8002)

i found that 7525/7530/7545/7535/7556 are EA ECO TONER too.. it might help someone....

8. Proximus

Proximus Member

After few days of researching and consulting with some people, i find out that Xerox Phaser 7500 use Xerox EA-HG toner... That means Phaser 7500 toner isn't compatible with WorkCentre 7525/7530/7545/7535/7556 copiers. WorkCentre 75xx series uses Xerox EA-Eco (new generation of Ultra-Low-Melt toner).

WorkCentre 75xx series are based on Xerox Phaser 7800, and use same EA-Eco toner.

WorkCentre 74xx series are based on Xerox Phaser 7500, and use same EA-HG toner.

I will order full CMYK set for WorkCentre 7425, 7428, 7435, found it on german ebay for 140eur, (CMYK for Phaser 7500 at my local supplier are about 1200eur, totally crazy)... I just hope to replace chips and cut some pins of CMY cartridges to make them fit...

For black cartridge i will transpose toner, because WorkCentre cartridge is bigger... i figure out how to open cartridge for refilling, very easy look at picture below...

[​IMG]

9. Proximus

Proximus Member

Just to add one useful tip... I successfully upgraded RAM to 2GB (pulled Corsair 2x1GB DDR2 667Mhz from my old laptop with broken display). There is no need for expensive Xerox Genuine RAM update...

10. Win Net

Win Net New Member

Hi Proximus. Were you ever successful in modifying the WC 74xx cartridges to work in Phaser 7500? If so can you explain your process? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  11. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

I would not be so sure about that, physically, yes, you can cut off those tabs with side-cutters or sharp blade but I know for sure toner for PHaser 7500
    has RFID chip while I don't remember if WC7435 has a chip... Most likely it does but Phaser 7500 will not read it, you will need to order a chips specifically for Phaser 7500 and replace them - easy thing to do. Also, i believe, WC has an oversized Black toner, like double capacity, You will need to remove a plastic plate/sleeve that close/blocking entrance for Black toner on your Phaser 7500, you will see, there is a removable plastic plate that, when removed, will allow a larger cartridge to be installed, again, you will need to re-chip them, thats 100% a must.

12. AustinTexasPrint

AustinTexasPrint New Member

Oki Tech - I need your help, can you email me james@austintexasprint.com - I may also be interested in any used bindery equip you might have avail. Much appreciated
    I have a Polar 66 that just snapped the foot pedal connecting cable (some sort of braided wire looking stuff maybe?) so the foot pedal goes up and down but no longer moves the clamp. I also have those lines through the screen I saw you mention in a post and would love to know how to fix. A manual would also be amazing, hoping you can help. Thanks