Xerox Metered Supplies

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by kdw75, Oct 3, 2013.

1. kdw75

kdw75 Senior Member

On our Xerox 7556 we have Xerox Pagepack which supplies our consumables and service with a set click charge. On that machine I would sometimes use as much as 3 sets of toner in a 24 hour period. After initially asking about the heavy usage and having us send them a sample of our work they never said another word about ordering every day or two and they would always overnight us the supplies. Absolutely loved the experience.

Now that we are using the Xerox 560 we are on their Metered Supplies program and I must say that in the first 6 weeks I am not too impressed. Considering that this is a production machine and should be commonly used for running heavy coverage 13x19 sheets I would expect them to understand that we would need to keep a few sets of toner on hand. Especially when it takes 3-5 days for us to get the orders after they ship them. No more overnight. Seems really odd that the 7556 would get overnight and the 560 would get UPS ground service for supplies.

So far we haven't run out, but our supplies are dwindling and right now we have two of each color on the shelf and they only let me order 1 of each color. Yesterday I went through two of each color so if I get another big job in the next couple days I will be out before I get the next cartridge.

They are also very stingy with imaging units. They wouldn't let me order them yet because they said the machine was too new to need them. I told them that it had run 130,000 clicks of 13x19 and then they ended up having a tech call me and he was able to order them for me.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Haven't had this problem with metered supplies.

They should let you order two of each color at a time.

Call your sales / account rep and get them to help you with this.

The imaging units have a % of life left and it won't let you print much past 0% (maybe 1000 sheets.) Sometimes they don't make it to 0 but usually pretty close.

Overnighting routine supplies strikes me as a waste of money for everyone except in an unforeseen emergency. They should allow you to have enough on hand that you can get things normally with the 3-5 day shipping which saves them money. Talk with your sales/account rep and talk about your volume and needs and experience.