Xerox iGen 4 - Problems printing on dented paper?

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by wagsgraphx, Sep 1, 2016.

1. wagsgraphx

wagsgraphx Member

Anybody else have issues with the iGen4 not being able to print on paper that has normal handling indentations?
    The little indentations that paper gets through normal handling seem to be the Achilles heel for this machine, turning on the ATA does does not resolve this problem.* All feedback is appreciated, Thanks.

2. peels

peels tree killer :)

I assume we are talking about "deletions"?

not really a way around it. the paper is held onto the belt , mostly by static, guided by the TAB. if there's "dents" its likely it will never push up into the belt enough to transfer.

NOTE: A nexpress wont have this problem, it has solid transfer rollers(PTR), that PRESS the image in. vs a blade and charging wires for xerox. some thing we've dealt with in the black and white world for a long time here. We do alot of PS labels. :) Kodak(canon, heidelberg) vs Xerox. there are some fun things I used to do to get around it on the Docutech printers, but I dont see a way to skunk the igen into working.

3. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

yup..we need a monkey to load the machine.. our thumbs are doing more harm then good when it comes to picking up paper LOL

4. CargoPantsMan

CargoPantsMan Senior Member

Just had to toss a good chunk of stock today that had pretty bad ridges/bends in the center. Made the print look interesting, but I doubt the customer would've liked it...

The solution to this problem, as I wish it were with most, is just throw it away.

5. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

..or print oversized and trim it LOL

6. flangmasterj

flangmasterj Member

Gotta caress the paper not treat it like it owes you money.