Xerox DocuColor 252 COLOR LOSS DURING PRINT

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Drakkul, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Drakkul

Drakkul New Member

Hello.

I have a problem during printing with the colors.
    I'm trying to print a red(does not matter the color, the same result on all colors)
    box folowed by long stripes of same color. After 2-3 copies the color of the box is wrong just along the stripes that folow it. The stripes on the box apear like the color fades but only on the box, the stripes that folows are printed corectly. Tried to switch color drums with no effect. After i switch magenta with cyan the problem comes back after 2-3 copies. The big problem is that the color loss is not global.
    I attached 2 pictures(one is ok and the other shows how it turns after some printing)

Thank you and hope you can help me.

Attached Files:

2. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

Did you try flipping the image 180?

3. Drakkul

Drakkul New Member

Yes i tried, but the result is the same.
    As i said i tried to swap the color drums but useless.
    It keeps printing with stripes on the large box.
    My guess is the color drums but not relly sure because they are over 65% life so its kind of strange. It acts like it can print long red stripes but when suddenly gets to that part of full color it looses power or something and cant take enough toner on the drum but only on the direction prolonging the 2 stripes

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I know you said above the same result happens with all colors, but I like to reduce things to as simple as possible when I'm chasing a problem to try to isolate it.

I'd repeat the same test graphic above but do it once with pure cyan, once with pure magenta, once with pure black, and once with pure yellow.

5. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Looks similar to developer starvation. Try new tanks and developer - they don't last forever

6. Drakkul

Drakkul New Member

Thanks Jeff.
    The test with pure colors looks fine, but if i print the test after i printed those stripes, the stripes apear on the test pages(magenta and yellow). After a while it prints ok the pure color pages.

7. Drakkul

Drakkul New Member

Thanks Mark.
    You might be very close to the problem, because indeed the tanks were not changed for a long time. I changed about a year ago the developer in all tanks. So this must be the reason for this behavior.
    I noticed that the first print it goes always very nice and then the colors fade a bit but it was ok the global output was ok. The problem comes with this kind of graphics i told you about. When long stripes are combined with full color it fades the color on the full color side just along the stripes.
    I will change the tanks and come back with a confirmation.
    Thank you all.