Xerox Docucolor 242 quality trouble shooting

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Sharpe Image, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Sharpe Image

Sharpe Image Member

Hi
    I have been having some issues on the Cyan in the running direction, seems to happen on start ups and small runs of less than 100 x SRA3 sheets. on longer runs without stopping it seems to go away. The problem is the cyan will sometimes not go in the image area and show up in non image areas as per attached images. It is in the the direction of the line of travel of the sheet going through the printer along long edge. I have done tint tests of each CMYK and shows up nothing.
    Thanks in advance Dan
    20161224_151259.jpg 20161224_151127.jpg

2. lysyr

lysyr Member

Hi, check drum. Clean ROS window and check developer module. Firstly run diagnostics mode and run print test pattern (half tone) and check all color.

3. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I would have expected it was either the cyan drum or the developer assembly.

I'd put in a new cyan drum or I'd swap the cyan and yellow drums and run that way for a few hundred sheets.

If that didn't work, I'd try swapping the cyan developer assembly with either the magenta or yellow for a test. Cover the toner input on the assembly with clear tape for testing only so the toner color doesn't mix (don't run for more than a few test sheets this way obviously!)

I also used a test sheet that had 25% and 50% cyan that sometimes would show defects not on the 100% coverage test sheet.

4. Sharpe Image

Sharpe Image Member

Many thanks for your help and advice, I swapped the cyan and yellow drums over and this has made a vast improvement thank you. Whilst doing this i changed the black drum as this had 10% life remaining. The problem I have now is there is a one inch wide strip running the full length of the sheet on the operator side. It is on all colours but shows mostly on the black.
    Before and after attachments

Attached Files: