Xerox Docucolor 242 Adjust Image Position Issue HELP!

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by BelloPrints, Apr 10, 2014.

1. BelloPrints

BelloPrints Member

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone could really help me out with this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

Every time I print, the image comes out of the registration.

[​IMG]

(This was printed via the Bypass Tray 5) I've also tried the rest of the trays options but they also come out of registration side by side.

I was basically messing around with the Xerox 242 settings, I was adjusting the image position via the Login/Out > System Settings > Common Settings > Maintenance > Adjust Image Position. And this is what I see.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The settings I currently have are set to width x 0.3780.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And every time I try to adjust the settings to move the image I get this.

[​IMG]

It says I'm unable to start. I can't seem to save any new settings I make.

My question is how can I resolve this "unable to start" issue. Or is it possible to change the settings back to default like it was before?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me out, I would call a technician but he's gonna charge $100 an hour. I don't wanna be charged for something I might able to fix myself. Thanks!

2. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

PM me your email

3. BelloPrints

BelloPrints Member

Hi InterfaceP.

Somehow I'm not able to access the PM system for some reason, but you can reach me at BelloPrintingGraphics@gmail.com

4. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

The docucolors don't allow you to change the image position while a job is running (and there is a few second delay after the job completes before it acknowledges that the job is not running.)