Xerox Docucolor 240 - Double Printing

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by printsable, Oct 11, 2011.

1. printsable

printsable New Member

Hello,

We have a Xerox Docucolor 240 and are unable to produce double sided printing, could anyone shed any light on if the Docucolor can do this, if so why our isn't?

Thanks
    Ricky
    Printsable.co.uk

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Are you printing on plain paper or coated?

I know our docucolor 242 will duplex either plain or heavy 1 paper but it will not duplex coated 1 or anything heavier.

3. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Jeff I think it don't care much about coating, i have phaser 7760 that will happily duplex coated paper as long as it defined as paper and bent around all the U-turns inside. Cardstocks of any kind it will refuse to duplex. As far as original post - see what your settings are, if you are running cardstock - that would, most likely, be the reason. Only production machines can duplex cardstock, DC-242, 262 etc. not designed for that so that might be your answer.

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

If I load coated paper and tell my 242 correctly that it's coated paper, it will refuse to duplex.

The hardware will actually handle coated1 duplex without jams, but the machine is set by xerox to refuse to do it if you register the paper type as coated. You can trick it by setting it to heavy1 which I've done for a couple of one-off demo booklets, but the enhanced gloss does not seem to work quite the same (not as glossy) when set to heavy1 instead of coated1 and I'm not sure if there is a reason they have intentionally disabled duplexing with coated1, so I don't do it much unless I absolutely have to (where printing 1 copy of a 40 page book non-duplex would be very time consuming.)