xerox dc252 error/Down machine

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by hecdtec, Jul 27, 2011.

1. hecdtec

hecdtec New Member

Hey its my first time posting here but im a toshiba tech working on xerox machines as well but i need a manual for a xerox 252 or help with a code 091-311 if that even exist.
    any help would b appreciated!

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Did you change the corotron on the black drum? Is the cleaning swab moving ok from op to non op side of the corotron?
    Powered off and on the machine and still the same?
    Error code 091-311 is a charge corotron cleaner motor failure.

3. hecdtec

hecdtec New Member

I havent changed anything, actually havent gone to the account yet. i jus wanted some info before walking in all blind u know. TY for your help, now i know what that code means and what to look for..
    Is there a reset procedure or it will work once the cleaning swab is cleared up? also is there a shut down code for that mechanism? i know some manufactures have that.
    thanx again

4. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

I'm a user not a tech. The charge corotron is an easily replaceable fairly cheap module which clips atop the black drum. It has a cleaner which moves along the length by means of a screw gear. As far as I know the 091-311 error indicates a failure of the corotron cleaner motor. "The voltage of the CC cleaner position sensor didn't change within the specified time." So the easiest thing to check is that there isn't something obviously wrong with the charge corotron cartridge itself. Beyond that troubleshooting the cc cleaner motor for a faulty motor or bad connection/wires/pwb is beyond my knowledge.

5. adriansto

adriansto Senior Member

For servicing xerox machine you need PWS