Xerox DC-252 - CONSTANT Jam (077-120)

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by Phobes, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Phobes

Phobes Member

Hello all!

I can't get 20#/24# digital, 60#/70# offset etc. to run through my machine. Every 2 sheets (literally, every 2 sheets) a sheet of paper stops just short of the fusing unit. I've cleaned the 2nd BTR and the unit before it (not sure of the name), and all sensors several times.

I've recently replaced the IBT driver roller and belt, and cleaned all of the other rollers etc. The machine will run thicker stocks just fine. Do I have a bad sensor(s) by chance? Any help/advice would be appreciated!

I did a search on the forum for a myriad of keywords regarding Xerox DC 252 077-120 and the only result I received was "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common."

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Does it happen only with 8.5 x 11 or also with 11 x 17?
    Can you print 1 copy and then another 1 copy and then another 1 copy with no issue?

3. Phobes

Phobes Member

That's a great question! So, I went to test run 20 sheets of 8.5x11 and the machine immediately jammed (012-101). I lowered the left side of the finisher, where it attaches to the machine, and it ran the 20 sheets without issue. I then sent a job of 1-sided 11x17 prints and it's currently slamming them out no jamming whatsoever. The problem seems to be intermittent - it'll run a job just fine, I'll queue another up 11x17 run and it'll jam ever 2-10 sheets, at the exact same spot before the fuser.

Update: It ran 167 sheets of 11x17 and jammed with fault code 077-106.

Update 2: I've ceased all printing, the machine is making a "grinding" sound near the location of the fuser. I've timed it, happens every 3 sheets, video below.
    https://tntprinting.net/grinding.mp4

4. Phobes

Phobes Member

Machine threw a new fault today, 042-325, then refused to boot properly several times - progress bar got stuck before Xerox screen. I looked up the error, made sure everything in the waste toner container area was OK and the machine booted properly, but now it appears to be having trouble printing yellow - I'm not sure if it's because the toner is empty, or because it's having a problem pulling toner from the cartridge. Ordering a new cartridge, hopefully it's just mis-reporting toner levels.

Is it possible that the grinding noise is caused by the machine attempting to pull toner from an empty cartridge?