Xerox-compatible print control software

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by scaramanga, Apr 17, 2009.

1. scaramanga

scaramanga New Member

I'm glad I found this board, because I've already run across some neat tricks that help me out.

On to my question. I'm having to do a project in a communication class, and since I work in the print department of my store, I decided I would focus my main project on software for the department. Since we're doing a lot of hand collated book jobs, I figured I'd find out if anyone knows of a control software compatible with Xerox machines that allows you to "section" a job, basically allowing you to print inline job segments with different properties. Basically, doing sections with different papers, duplexing status, etc.

I know that one certain chain that rhymes with "Inko's" has such a tool, but I'm trying to find out if there are any commercially available, or if they would have to be custom programs.

Thanks a lot for any information you guys have.

-Craig

2. Edition One

Edition One Member

Most of the RIPS for the Docucolor machines can do this. The basic EFI Command Workstation can, Splash can, Im sure CREO as well. None of these are free really - even for CWS, you need to buy the Fiery.

3. deckm00

deckm00 Member