Xerox Color 1000 Fault Code 077-134 Paper Jam

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by DigiPress World, Mar 15, 2018.

1. DigiPress World

DigiPress World New Member

Has anyone ever had this code on the Color 1000?
    The paper keeps stopping at 3A. I've checked 3A, 3B, and 2E. I cleaned everything in those spots and still having the same issue.

Sometimes it will work if i shut it completely off. But once it starts to be more than one sheet at a time is the when the issue comes back.

I printed one sheet and it stopped at 3A before 3C.

Can someone help?

Thank you

2. flangmasterj

flangmasterj Member

Not sure if you have resolved your problem but changing the aligner roll pressure may help. Go into your stock setting/properties and in the advanced section you'll find the aligner roll pressure adjustment. Have a play and see if that helps.

3. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

The slide mechanism for the aligner roll is gummed up with paper dust, etc. Need to flush out the rear slide mechanism.

4. dino3m

dino3m Member

Hi
    Remove the cover on top of the 3 X-Rollers and if you have felt cleaning pads still on the rollers, remove the pads and through them in your desk drawer, you dont need them and if they clog up with paper dust they can cause issues. Secondly clean the rollers with some WD40 on a rag and wipe over the rollers them selves. Secondly a flangmasterj said adjust your paper stock settings. The more you "align" the harder the sheet pushs into the rear guide on the regi assy and it can cause the sheet to stall. Failing that it could just be your stock.

Happy Printing

5. Semisweetcorn

Semisweetcorn New Member

did you ever come up with a good solution to this? I'm having a similar issue, I've cleaned all the things and had the transport pulled apart looking for why it is stopping and no luck so far, got the code to change to 77-137 for 2 sheets then back to this.

6. jerald151

jerald151 New Member

Not sure if you ever solved this, but the easiest thing to do is start by cleaning all of your sensors from area 2E all the way through the fuser. Canned air might not be enough, so use a Q-tip or a rag. There are two sensors in the fuser that you can clean too. One is easy to find, the next one is near the fuser's exit, but you'll need to reach into it a little bit.

If that doesn't work, check your green rollers in area 3 to see if those are clean. If they are, pull the cover off of them (three screws) and see if the cleaning pads for those rollers are gummed up (i removed mine and have had far fewer problems).

If you are still having issues push and pull on the knob labeled, "3C," it moves IB to OB. As Milo said, you may need to clean the rear slide mech. If it feels like it's skipping, the gear on the stepping motor is stripped and you will need a new one.

If none of that works, I recommend replacing the three green alignment rollers. You will likely need to reduce your roller pressure to compensate.

The 2nd BTB could also be the culprit, if you know how to replace it, that may be worth a try.

If you are running duplex, try running some simplex prints to see if that is giving you the same issue. Sometimes the 1000, at least for me, will fix itself after running simplex for an hour or so and switching back over to duplex.

7. Dio

Dio Member

Do you have to buy a whole new motor assembly? Is there a part number for the gear on the stepper motor? I am hoping to find a source for just the gear.

8. claudinei da silva

claudinei da silva New Member

Hello Friend
    Check the register drive gear (007K15590) is not worn, and that the gear (Gear (Z45) - 059K61404) next to it is not deformed.

Attached Files:

9. claudinei da silva

claudinei da silva New Member

If they are in as Administrator and change the pressure of the rollers