Xerox 800 / 1000 Color Press Developer Change (DC 955) Fault 500-990

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by Kringle, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Kringle

Kringle Member

Hello all!

I am trying to change the cyan developer on my 800 and running into an issue. I am getting spots in the cyan only and thought that the developer might be the culprit. I already swapped drums and corotrons just for kicks but no change.

I log into the diagnostics and into the developer eject / supply interface. Routine DC 955
    I open the cyan chute and put the dump bag on the front of the housing.
    I select the color "cyan" and the mode "eject"
    I hit the start button and it goes directly to fault: 500-990

At the top it says: Executing Developer Auto Replace Mode (DC 955) .. Completed!

And then lower down.....

No Profile Created
    Belt edge profile has not been created
    Fault Clear Condition:
    Power Off/On

CE Remarks
    If this fault does appear, the CSE Should check NVM 750-894 and ensure that it is set correctly to a value of "0"

Attention Light: Amber flashing (rapid)
    New Job: Permit
    Execution of current job: Follow the specifications for checking the state at Job start / resume

The routine does not run and it goes right to the fault log
    So I go and check NVM 750-894 and it is set correctly to a value of "0"

I can power the machine off and back on and it clears the fault, but when I go to run the routine again it does the same thing.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong here?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

You need to have the transfer draw and IBT draw undocked with the doors open. You also need to actuate the service interlock. This is why it is not an operator task

--
    Mark

3. Kringle

Kringle Member

Thanks for the advice. I didn't pull the service interlock until after I had restarted. That interlock switch has to be pulled out when you power up the press... correct? So it was just a sequence thing I think. Anyway.... I replaced the developer and it prints beautifully again.