Xerox 700 and CX700 software conflict

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by InterfaceP, Sep 9, 2013.

1. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

Hello All,

I have a Xerox 700 that I am attempting to connect to a Creo CX700. I have two 700's and 3 CX700, none of which will work together. When connected I receive an error code 127-213. PWS says to load software that I do not have. Is it possible to unlock the software in the diagnostics mode? If not what are my options.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Need to find out what level of firmware you have on the 700 and what level the CX700 is at. May need to update the firmware on the 700 to be compatible with the CX700

3. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

If I am reading this correct you are trying to connect both a 700 and a CX700 to the same Creo? If so it is not possible. Each engine requires it's own Creo DFE. Only the Command Workstation on the Fiery will let you connect to multiple machines on the same DFE

--
    Mark

4. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

A CX700 is a Creo. Since my post I have successfully connected to the 700. I have a problem connecting to a 700i though.

5. dino3m

dino3m Member

Hi.
    Sorry are you trying to connect a Creo to a DCP700 that hasnt ever had a creo attached before? There is a NVM you have to change to get that to work. If you had a Fiery or freeflow attached before and now connecting a creo you will need to change 700-485 is set to “1” . This tells the DCP700 that you are running a Creo.
    Enjoy

6. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

Thank you very much for the help.

That worked to perfection!