Xerox 252 v.s and Ricoh MPC6501

Discussion in 'Ricoh Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by simonp1925, Jun 16, 2010.

1. simonp1925

simonp1925 New Member

hi, We are looking to upgrade our recent digital printer. Since we planning to bring all outsourced work in-house we o would need great quality/high end color machine that would be able to utilize our needs. we are getting quotes from Xerox and Ricoh. we are looking for Xerox docu 252 vs. Ricoh MPC6501.
    Which one is a better production machine.

thank you,
    Simon

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

You might be better re-posting this in the photocopier section.

3. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

<moving this thread from the DI press forum as these are not d(irect) i(maging) offset presses>

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

With 400,000 on the meter now, I still love our docucolor 242, although it's all a matter of perspective.
    Anyone with a larger machine (e.g. 700 or the big machines) would probably not call the 242/252 series production machines, but ours has worked quite well for us. We typically put 25,000+ 11x17 and 12x18 prints on it in 3 days each month and I have found it quite easy to live with. I personally like the gloss quality on kromekote a lot, especially 8 pt for short run magazine covers. Some point out it's a bit too glossy on uncoated, but that doesn't bother me too much as the resolution, bw quality for bw photos, and consistency is so much better than our other machines that have flatter toner on uncoated that it more than makes up for that characteristic in my opinion. Overall I find it quite flexible and easy to live with.

Have not looked at Ricoh so would be interested in your comparisons once you see samples from your files side by side, etc.

5. Rsaavedra

Rsaavedra New Member

DC 252 machine

I hope my opinion is gonna help you but I known the DC 252 machine and I think is good machine, the consumable have low price, and the engine machine is better that other machine, I don´t known the rico machine but I can tell you that the DC252 doesn´t need a lot of technical service.

I hope that my coment help you

6. wilkinsdiaz

wilkinsdiaz New Member

For production and performance ricoh is better for me but if you want a very perfect quality xerox is your best option.