Xerox 242 line, indentation, copy quality, void area

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Mary Lou, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

I have had a tech who is supposed to be top notch in 3 times in a week and a half. The original issue was I needed an elevator lift motor for tray 5 and there was an indentation line on 13x19 sheets and a 1/8 inch line which comes out on every sheet. The image quality was much worse after he left and the lines were still there. He came back and replaced the 2nd BTR and then there was an issue of images being blurry. 3rd time he said if he replaced all 4 of the btr rollers, the contact roller, the IBT belt kit and the exit roller all of the problems would be fixed. $1950 later the image quality is still bad, the blue line is still there, the exit roller did not fix the indentation on 12x18 or 13x19 and now there is about a 1 1/2 area with no color on about every 5th sheets. I think he tore the transfer belt when he installed it. Attached are test sheets showing the issues.

Attached Files:

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Have you solved this Mary Lou?

The first thing I do is to try and swap things between colors and see what follows and what doesn't.

Don't think the transfer belt is actually torn but there are definitely issues in both directions and it may be multiple problems that have stacked up.

How many prints on the machine?

3. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

I did solve this. The transfer belt was defective. Replaced it and cleaned the lasers with canned air. Everything is working now. Thanks!