Xerox 242 drum problem, streak on all pages

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Mary Lou, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

I switched my color drums around and am know getting streaks even when I print from the glass with a blank sheet. The drums are all pretty new. I have tried cleaning the small rollers under the developer.

Attached Files:

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Looked at the sample and yea, that's bad!
    When you switched your color drums around did each color streak pattern follow the corresponding drum or did the yellow streaks, magenta streaks, and cyan streaks stay the same regardless of which drum was in that position?
    How long ago in prints was the machine streak free?
    If you have a new in box drum put that in the worst slot to be sure you didn't contaminate the drums in the machine with some coating.
    It might be time to get a tech in if it's a xerographic problem.

3. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

Thanks. I resolved the issue last night. I kept taking the drums out and cleaning the small roller in the developer units. Everything I read said it was a charging issue. Finally after about 10 times the those streaks are gone. I have had a tech who is supposed to be top notch in 3 times in a week and a half. Going to post my other issues shortly if you have any advice please let me know as soon as you can.