xerox 1000

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by banjoman, Jun 19, 2015.

1. banjoman

banjoman Member

We are an in house print shop and I'm researching a digital machine to replace our current Presstek 34DI and Heidelberg Printmaster 46-2. We print a newsletter every month 64,000 10 x 15 4/4 on 70# opaque offset folded for inserting. The paper on that can be a dull or silk sheet if needed. Also print a lot of heavy coverage gloss books on 80# text and 100# cover. and then the usual envelopes and card but I can keep the Heidelberg for that stuff. Anyone have any advice on what machine might fit this company. We are looking at doing everything with less space and getting rid of spray powder and blanket was and all the related chemicals. Plus we hope to get this so we can train some of our employees to do this work as needed. Our work load isn't at all like a print shop, it is fairly steady but not a lot everyday.

banjoman in NC

2. Kringle

Kringle Member

Xerox 1000 is a great machine. You will love getting away from the chemicals. However, a 64000 run on a Xerox is a very long and expensive run. Don't get me wrong, it will do it, but it's going to be expensive and take multiple days. Best thing to do is go to a Xerox demo center and have them demonstrate one of these so you can get a feel for the quality and speed and most importantly what it will cost to run. As for shorter run daily light duty, your production staff will love a Xerox. No ink on the hands or wash up chemicals at the end of the day, just shut it down and go home. And setup might consist of resizing a paper drawer or pulling a calibration print. The toughest part about morning startup with a Xerox is finding something to do while waiting for the fuser to come up to temp. You get to know the screen that reads ... "Warming up... please wait one minute(s)" Definitely go check one out though, they are great machines. good luck