Xante Impressia plate problems

Discussion in 'Platemaking' started by InPlant, Oct 15, 2009.

1. InPlant

InPlant New Member

Hi all,

I have a Xante Impressia running 340mmx505mm Aspen plates and have problems with toner dropouts (hollow image dropout?) of varying degrees inside of characters and solid objects. Was told this was a quality control issue with the plate manufacturer thus am assuming this should be affecting all users globally.

Have any of you experienced this or know of any shops who are going through the same problems I have? Xante is stumped by the situation and there seems to be no immediate solution at this time. I may have to go back to my old multi 875 (Itek?) poly platemaker but wanted to poll the users out there on any solutions they may have.

InPlant

2. InPlant

InPlant New Member

Impressia discontinued

Just an update. Xante has said that their plate (Aspen) supplier hasn't been able to deliver plates to spec. Long story short they have pulled the Impressias and once their existing supplies of plates/imagers run out that will be the end of it. Am awaiting further communication as to what options they will offer us.

InPlant

3. typesetting

typesetting Member

InPlant did an option ever come about for plates? Can any other plates be used instead of Aspen?
    John

4. InPlant

InPlant New Member

Hey John. Not while I was looking back then. I decided to cut my losses, got a partial refund and went on to purchase a Glunz Jensen Platewriter. Haven't looked back ever since.
    InPlant

5. vanceibz

vanceibz Senior Member

Hi John, I am looking to purchase a second hand Xante Speedsetter 400 or the Platewriter 2000. We need a small and cheap solution to make around 10 plates a day. Are you still happy with the Platemaker? what about printhead clogging, are you having any problems?

What are the cost per plate for the platemaker? is it only aluminium? I would need to print A2 size.

Thanks

6. typesetting

typesetting Member

Hi vanceibz,

I have a Xante Platemaker 5, it uses Poly Plates. I do have it for sale.
    It's the upgraded with 256mb Ram and has a low page count under 4,000 pages.
    My email is typesetting@yahoo.com

It is located in Cleveland OH 44109

John

7. Inkman_rc

Inkman_rc New Member

Different topic here...I have a Xante Platemaker3 and would like to put two 11 x 17 poly plates side by side on my AB Dick 385 in order to print on 17 x 22 paper sheets. Will this work? Would I have to use cellophane tape to stop ink in the middle?

8. Inkman_rc

Inkman_rc New Member

Newbie here... Will putting two 11 x 17 plates side by side on my AB Dick 385 print/produce a 17 x 22 sheet without a vertical ink line between the plates?

9. Arkansas John

Arkansas John New Member

As the post has been a few years, tried to reach you but conversations aren't set up on your account. What did you discover about printing two aligned 11x17 plates on an AB Dick 385?