Xante Impressia Advice

Discussion in 'Xante Color Laser Printers' started by elaine, May 5, 2017.

1. elaine

elaine New Member

We are considering buying an Xante Impressia Digital Multi-Media Press for the specific purpose of printing envelopes. I have a quote from a local reseller and another one from an Xante rep. The one from the local dealer is considerably less money even though it is supposed to be new and exactly the same machine. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to going through a reseller vs. Xante? In your opinion, would service and support for the machine be better or worse with the reseller?

Appreciate any advice you have ...

2. Kringle

Kringle Member

If they're both new... there is NO difference unless the Xante rep is offering you something outside the standard warranty and support period. You get your standard warranty with support whether you buy direct or through dealer channel. If you want to buy it from Xante direct, see if the Xante rep will match your dealer price (he probably will).

There are many limitations with these machines, but we have tested many envelope solutions and found this to be the best available solution. Best of luck!

3. elaine

elaine New Member

Thanks for the reply. The local sales rep is letting us demo the machine here in our office. There have been lots of glitches (ink smearing and jams), but most of it because we didn't know which settings to use when. Plus the iQueue software is not activated yet which will solve some of issues of envelope size selection. I understand that Xante gives good over-the-phone tech support but the local vendor has spent a lot of time here working through the problems. That's the advantage of the local supplier. From what I'm told, after we purchase the printer, all service is done through Xante.

So far we are impressed with the printer and look forward to learning what all we can do with the iQueue software.

4. Kringle

Kringle Member

That is true, support is done through Xante unless your dealer also offers it an additional help. We bought our first Impressia through a dealer who promised all kinds of support, and as soon as the check was cashed, he told us to call Xante. Xante support has gotten better over the years, but the machine still has limitations that they can't solve. We have found that they often force you to change out costly consumables before they will help you diagnose an issue that may be completely unrelated. So, in our case, we have called them sparingly and not renewed our service warranty. Hopefully your operator is somewhat technical and can solve some issues on his own.

As far as IQueue..... I've had it for a LONG time and not really all that impressed. It definitely has some controls beyond the old windows print dialog preferences, but it's glitchy in my opinion. DEFINATELY demand to full demo IQueue BEFORE you buy. If he is a legit dealer, this should be no problem. And make sure the machine he is selling comes packaged new in Xante original packaging with new starter set consumables. If not, it's not new, it's considered demo equipment and is worth about half the price of MSRP.