Xante Filmmaker 5

Discussion in 'Platemaking' started by ziggy33, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Can anyone tell me if the xante filmmaker 5 is worth looking into. We currently use the dark room still and have to output negs every once in awhile when its something i can't shoot with the camera. All the specs look good on it up to 150 lpi and can change the curves of halftones. Just wondering if anyone has used it or know of anyone who has and is it any good? How do halftones/screens turn out?

2. FSA

FSA Senior Member

ziggy33
    get an agfa accuset, much better machine, or if you want to get into this day and age of quality look into a plate writer 2000, ctp device that is cheap to run, chem free and really tough plates. But you will have to get used to FM screening
    FSA

3. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

I did some research seems it will be cheaper and more cost effective to go Ctp. Looking at a Heidelberg Prosetter right now any one ever use one. Can anyone give me some feedback about that machine. The specs are everything i'm looking for everything I need costs around $20K(ProSetter/processor/rip) but my darkroom would go bye bye which would be nice no more shooting negs and stripping and burning plates

4. HPC

HPC Senior Member

Xante is not a viable option. I have been very dissatisfied with ours since day one.

5. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

yea im looking into a heidelberg prosetter ctp