Wrinkles!

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by peels, Oct 14, 2014.

1. peels

peels tree killer :)

and no, not the ones im getting with age and stress. LOL

I have a paper, that I ran the generic backs first, while awaiting data, then put back in to do front side. It WAS working great...

then, all of a sudden, its terrible. Single wrinkle down the middle, probably 50% of the sheets. Ive already replaced fuser and pressure, was fine briefly. and ran some extra BACKS one sided... its back

btw, this is 50# offset paper. I use it daily.

any tricks I can use to push this through, settings wise? Please dont tell me get new paper. :p LOL I did that, and I think thats the problem. ive already got WAY too much time in this one,originally a screwup off the offset presses.

2. CargoPantsMan

CargoPantsMan Senior Member

Adjusting your contact arc might help?

3. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

why would you print only one side at a time? was it printed on the igen?, I am guessing it is the oil residue causing the sheet to slip!

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

its a common thing i do.

sometimes...art is approved before data-if the back is generic, Ill do it first to get ahead. if theres a a short turn around. its better than twiddling my thumbs waiting...then working the weekend once its ALL approved.

also, the backs are black only sometimes.

other times...its due to an offset screwup... ORIGINALLY, they printed me some BACKS, and i did the fronts. they did not print me enough. :/

I actually do it where Ill run the backs (if black) on a docuprint.