Work and Tumble

Discussion in 'Print Glossary' started by Color Printing Forum Admin, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Color Printing Forum Admin

    Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

    Jul 2006
    A layout in which both sides of a sheet can be printed using a single plate.

    The paper is flopped after the first side is printed so that the trailing edge of the first printing becomes the gripper edge for the second printing. The same side guide is used for both passes. However with work-and-tumble it is more difficult to control the print register because, unlike with work-and-turn and sheetwise layouts, the paper edge used as the gripper edge is changed when the sheet is turned.