WOHLENBERG MCS-3 TV (type 92) manual (& tips) needed

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by KaramBassyouni, Jun 15, 2017.

1. KaramBassyouni

KaramBassyouni New Member

Dear All,

Short intro :)
    I am Karam, a new to this field.
    I studied Mechatronics engineering, worked for 6 years in mechanical field (design and fabrication of sound proof enclosures for power generators), and now i am working in biomedical service field.

My father is a printer, and he has several machines (Heidelberg tipo & offset basically) and couple of cutters. and i hope to start supporting him technically to save him a lot...;)

Now the main issue:rolleyes:

A friend of my father had bought a Wohlenberg MCS-3 TV since around 4 months.
    He liked how clean it was and bought it blindly without testing it. and then BOOM, the cutter is not cutting.
    Some service guy claimed he wanted to replace all board, costing him similar to what he bought it for, instead of troubleshooting and replacing what is needed!!

So here came i, i inspected it without much references, only a low quality user manual was found.

Observations and Actions:
    1- The safety light barrier is Not giving safe even when no obstacles are.
    I couldn't adjust it so i just fixed the transmitter to the reciever temporarly to continue troubleshooting and now it is ALWAYS GREEN.

2- using the key and ON button, the machine motor could be started as described in the user manual.

3- The automatic operation of the back gauge is not working. I told the guy to move it manually across the 50 mm and then the number is shown on screen and this should be fine.

4- The main blade is not going down. i wanted to check connections but where should i start? is the service manual available?

5- The screen is keeping giving "Start main motor" at its bottom even if the motor was started. Could this be the problem preventing the progress of the cutter operation?

PLEASE HELP

BEST REGARDS

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    Hope you are well
    Is good you are engineering, but need to know the mechanism
    for the machine has involved: 1) mechanic 2) Hydraulic 3) Electronic 4) Electrical