Wohlenberg CUTTEC 115, CREEPING BACKGUAGE PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by marg_lucas, Aug 12, 2013.

1. marg_lucas

marg_lucas Member

We have a Wohlenberg CUT-TEC 115,1999 that holds the program for cutting at a specific length say 510 mm for 10 minutes, it then resets itself and goes down to 96mm. This is a constant problem. We were told the issue could be a sticky switch, this was removed and the problem returned after 10 minutes.We are now being told it could be a matrix board issue or the motherboard. has anyone experienced this issue. Any solutions/ideas for resolving the issue? Where do we buy parts from given that wohlenberg will only sell the whole computer. Thanks

2. Scopesys

Scopesys Member

Wohlenberg CUT-TEC 115 -- CPU Battery -- NOTHING to do with Backguage Calibration etc etc.

The CPU battery is the CPU's CMOS battery, and holds typical PC CMOS data.

Machine Parameters are held in the EEPROM that is on the smaller board attached to the CPU.

I think the poster is getting confused with the Wolhlenberg 85/86/90 models, that have a Microprocessor controller (6809), and a rechargable Memory backup battery .

Geoff

3. Scopesys

Scopesys Member

I do not fully understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that you have a PROGRAM that has a CUT step at 510mm, and initially cuts paper at 510mm, then after 10 minutes, starts cutting paper at 96mm ? Thats a BIG change ??

Unfortunately, you example is near the REFERENCE point, so a few things could be happening.

If you were to Program for 200mm, and never have any part of your program exceed 400mm, then you would be clear of the REFERENCE point (forward of it), and then issues with the Reference switch could probably be eliminated.

Such a big jump sounds like a possible encoder error, or encoder reading hardware issue.

It would be helpful to know what CPU board you have in your system. It is either the LONG Beckhoff Board, or the shorter BOSER CPU board . You can also look at the label on the Back to get the CPU type/model.

If you cannot find anyone in Austria to repair it, then you might consider sending it to us in the USA for repair.
    (Cost far less than a whole new Controller). We repair an average of 2 a month here in the USA, and for far, after 10 years, have NEVER had on that we cannot repair (down to component level).

If you try as suggested above, and see if you get the same jumping, when NOT crossing the reference point, and can Identify the Processor Board type, I might be able he help you further here in the forum.

Geoff

4. dsgraphic

dsgraphic Member

Wohlenberg Cuttec 137 problem

Hi Geoff,
    How are you. This is Dinker from Canada. I had come to your home couple of years back and I hope you remember me.
    I have a problem with a Wohlenberg 137 Cuttec cutter. If you please give me your tel no. I can call you and try to see what can be done.
    Regards

5. ranaba

ranaba New Member

Can someone advice how to calibrate Backgauge of cut tec 137 Wohlenberg? Thanks.